Friday, March 27, 2009

Good as new

I finally decided to have my watch serviced after more than 11 years since I noticed that its not that snychronized anymore. If I don't get to wear it for a day, it already stops. This is very unusual since before, it can last up to 3 days of not wearing it.

A few weeks ago, I brought it to Rolex Service Center in Makati and true enough, after checking it, they said that it needs an "overhaul". They quoted how much the repairs would cost and it wasn't that cheap! Five thousand pesos more and I could've gotten myself a new bag!But then, this is an investment and I should really take care of it since it has a sentimental value (got it for Christmas).

After waiting for weeks, I finally got my watch in its brand new condition. It was buffed to remove the scratches. The bracelet was cleaned so its "shinigly" brand new. It was oiled and the crown was replaced for a better and more efficient winding.































I'm so happy with it since it looks so shiny and pretty. The wait and the money spent was all worth it!

8 comments:

Tinggay said...

tumulo laway ko sa watch mo LOL :)

tracypamela said...

Hey Nikki, kayang kaya mo bumili nyan.. sacrifice muna sa pagbili ng mga bags! haha!

AEC said...

wow looks new again after the scratches have been removed. :)

tracypamela said...

Hi Mandy, it looks really pretty lalo na pag maganda yung lights. I've fallen in love with it all over again! :)

Kelly said...

after seeing yours, am thinking to get mine serviced too! but i am sooo dreading how much it will cost me. hahaha.

tracypamela said...

Go Kelly! its soooo worth it. Ako nga pikit-mata sa pag swipe sa card eh! :)

PM said...

tracy, how much is cleaning? i think mine needs some cleaning. but if it's going to be too expensive, ako na lang maglinis. hahaha

tracypamela said...

Hi Pat. I think its 10,000. I'm not so sure though kasi when they gave me the quotation, walang breakdown. My sister paid that amount when she had her watch serviced. Hers is newer and mas madami kasi ginawa and pinalitan sa watch ko.Rolex advises to have your watch serviced at least every 5 years. All the scratches are gone especially sa clasp and mukha talaga sya bago especially the bracelet kasi its so shiny. It'll be worth it naman I guarantee :)