Friday, July 18, 2008

A way to end the week

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!
Can't stress that phrase enough to express my happiness that my weekday is about to end in 1 hour and 48 minutes to be exact (I get out of the office by 4pm). As I've twitted yesterday, I went home early.. Undertime for one hour. I'm at that point again where work is really W-O-R-K. Its something tedious and just plain boring. I hope to get exciting and interesting assignments in the near future.

So, this morning, I had to somehow drag myself out of the bed to take a shower, dress up and go to the office. I'm just happy that its gonna be weekend in a few hours.. that I will have all the time in the world again to sleep and be a bum for two days.

Lunch hour was approaching, my officemates and I decided then to just have coffee or dessert since we all have baons (I had pasta with garlic and shrimps -- yummy!). We were looking for a place that is quiet and cozy.. Our choices were: Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at Greenbelt, Starbucks beside Tower 1 of Makati Stock Exchange, Cafe Breton at Greenbelt and UCC at Paseo Center. Then I suggested that we try the new shop/restaurant of the daughter of our big boss, Classic Confections at Greenbelt 5.

Off we headed to Greenbelt 5 which is just a 3-minute walk from our office. We ordered some of her famous cakes like Nono's Chocolate Oblivion (which I believe was named after her dad), Mango torte and my favorite Banana Cream Pie for the 3 of us to share. My officemates each ordered capuccino while I had Hot Choco since I wanted to lay off the caffeine. The cakes were divine and the hot choco was really something I feel I will crave for in the coming days. I want to take my girlfriends here. I'm sure they will enjoy what Classic Confections has to offer. This is a definite try to all dessert junkies like me..

I now feel fatter after cosuming a million calories from my lunch break.. but its all good! I enjoyed every bite and sip. I will just have to "starve" myself next week.. Haha!

Plan for tomorrow: Movie night with friends at Promenade to watch Dark Knight

Happy weekend everybody!!

0 comments: